Last Updated on
If you are a Comcast customer, it is good to know what is 10.0.0.1 and how to use it for Comcast router login.
If you are not sure about the reasons why you have to login to your router, here are just a few of them:
- To secure your home network by changing the router SSID and wireless password.
- Enable MAC filtering so only trusted devices can connect to your home Wi-Fi.
- You can create a guest network.
- Set up Parental controls.
- Troubleshoot some minor network connectivity problems.
If you want to login to your router using the 10.0.0.1 IP address, you can use any browser that is installed on your PC, tablet or smartphone. The only condition is that the device has to be connected to the home wireless network.
- 1 Comcast Xfinity admin login using 10.0.0.1 (default gateway)
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Final Words
Comcast Xfinity admin login using 10.0.0.1 (default gateway)
Step 1 – Connect to the network
First, make sure the device you are working on is connected to the home Wi-Fi network. If possible, it is recommended to use a wire connection when you make those changes, jut to avoid being logged off when you click the Save button.
Step 2 – Type 10.0.0.1 in the URL bar
From the mentioned device open your web browser.
Typing the default IP in the address field and hitting the Enter key on the keyboard will take you to the router’s login page.
In case the login window doesn’t appear try the following IP – 192.168.100.1
There is no need to add https:// or http:// in front of the IP address. The browser usually does that automatically.
Generally, 192.168.100.1 is also used as a default IP address for Comcast routers. However, it is recommended to check whether any of these is the correct default IP. You can easily do this using the Command prompt and typing the IPCONFIG command. The IP listed as Default gateway is the correct one.
Step 3 – Type the default login details
When the login window appears type the following
ADMIN – as a username
PASSWORD – as a password
Click “LOGIN” and if the username and password are correct you will be redirected to the router configuration settings page.
Well, if for some reason the default username and password (admin/password) are not working, you can try the following login combinations we have found online.
So, when you see the “AT A GLANCE” page, it means you have done everything correctly.
Step 4 – Make a note of the IP and login details
Right now it is highly advised to make a quick note of the following:
- 10.0.0.1 (default gateway)
- default login credentials (username and password)
You will need these in case you want to view or modify the router settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
The login page is not loading?
There are several reasons why the login page is not loading.
- The device you are trying to login from is not connected to the home wireless network. Make sure to connect first and try again.
- “Wireless Access Web” is disabled in the router settings. To fix this you will have to connect using an Ethernet cable.
- You are using the wrong IP address as a default one. There are also other IP addresses (default gateways) being used 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254 and so on, so it’s best to find the router default IP via the Command prompt and try again.
The Comcast router login credentials are incorrect?
Generally this happens if you or someone else has changed the login details before. There are a few things you can do.
First try the usernames and passwords we have given above.
If they don’t work, check your user manual or search online for your specific router model login credentials.
After you have done everything, the last solution is to hard reset your router. After you reset it you will be able to login with the default username and password.
I can’t login with 10.0.0.1?
Well, maybe you are typing this IP incorrectly. Most users type 10.0.0.0.1 in the address field. It is not a valid IP address. Just make sure to type the correct Comcast router login IP.
How to reset my Comcast router?
Before you begin it is important to know that after this procedure your router will be restored to factory settings, so your preferred network name, Wi-Fi password and so on will be erased and set to default values. If you want, take a note of these to change them back later.
If you have to hard reset your wireless router to default settings, it is better to search online for specific model instructions. However, some general steps are as follows:
- Locate the RESET button at the back of the router
- Use a sharp object like a pen or non-metallic object to press the button
- Press it and hold it for 10-20 seconds until the power light blinks
- Then release the button
- Wait for the router to reboot
Now when your router is restored to default settings try the 10.0.0.1 IP address, username and password from the user manual or the label located under the router (if there is any).
As you can see, the login process is quite simple and easy and anyone can do it.
So, once you decide to access your router admin page and modify some of the settings for any reason, you know what to do. However, before making any changes, make sure to take a note of the previous settings.