Last Updated on
The default IP 192.168.100.1 is used by Huawei, Ambit, Ubee and some other companies for the routers they produce and with its help you can easily access the router settings and configure it according to your needs.
192.168.100.1 is not so popular as some other IP addresses but still, there is a large number of users who will find it helpful.
However, knowing just the IP is not enough. You also need to know the default username and password for the router you own. Since the default login details are going to be presented here publicly, you shouldn’t be worried that someone will find these out and hack your network. These login details can be easily found on the router manufacturer official pages. But the good thing is that you can use these login details to secure your network by tweaking the router configuration a little.
- 1 What is 192.168.100.1 and how it works?
- 2 Why should you use 192.168.100.1?
- 3 How to login to your router?
- 4 What is the Ubee Router Login IP and Password?
- 5 The Ubee Router Login IP – 192.168.100.1
- 6 The Ubee Router Password and Username
- 7 Official Login Usernames and Passwords
- 8 Possible router login problems
What is 192.168.100.1 and how it works?
The IP address 192.168.100.1 belongs to the so called private IP address range. To be precise, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, or shortly IANA, has reserved specific blocks of IP addresses to be private. In this case, we are talking about the range from 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 which consist of IP addresses generally used by routers as a default IP address.
The term “private” in this case means that the IP you or anyone else can’t access it if the PC or laptop you are trying to do that isn’t part of the home network. Only computers which are members of the home network can access these private IP addresses.
Why should you use 192.168.100.1?
After you login to your router there are numerous settings you can modify like Port forwarding, checking which devices are connected to your network, enabling and disabling specific router features but most importantly you can secure your home wireless network by:
- Changing the default login IP (in this case 192.168.100.1)
- Changing the default router username and password
- Changing the default SSID (Network Name) or setting up a new one
- Changing the default Wi-Fi password or setting up a new one
- Choosing the Wireless Network Encryption type (WPA2 is recommended today)
Don’t be afraid to make all these changes when you set up your home network for the first time. It is always better to spend some time doing this than fixing the possible problems when someone gains access to your network and ruins all your hard work.
How to login to your router?
The steps required to login to your router using 192.168.100.1 are generally the same in all routers so we won’t get into details here.
- Use the Command prompt to verify whether 192.168.100.1 is your router default IP.
- Type the Default gateway, in our case 192.168.100.1, in your browser’s URL bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
- When the login page appears type in the username and admin password. If you or your ISP haven’t changed these previously you can try with the default usernames and password given below.
- Voila! The router settings are all open to be customized.
What is the Ubee Router Login IP and Password?
Ubee Interactive is not so popular as Linksys or Netgear, but certainly is a brand worth mentioning because of the quality and reliability of their modems and routers. The info given below will help you learn what is the Ubee router login IP and the default username and password combinations.
The Ubee Router Login IP – 192.168.100.1
192.168.100.1 is another default IP address which is not so commonly used. For now we know that Ubee routers (UBEE Interactive) have this IP address set as their default login IP address. However, if you own one of these routers and the mentioned IP is not the default one, contact your ISP for additional details.
To login to Ubee routers you should open up your browser and type 192.168.100.1 (alternatively you can try 192.168.0.1) and press the Enter button on the keyboard. If nothing happens, most probably your ISP has disabled the router login page due to security reasons. Although this is a handy feature which drastically improves your router security, you may have a problem when you try to access this page. However, contacting your ISP will solve the problem.
The Ubee Router Password and Username
If the IP address 192.168.100.1 is the right one the router login page will appear. The following login details will make your Ubee router login easier. Just make sure to type the Ubee router password and username correctly.
Password: (leave it blank)
Once you enter the right username/password combination you will be able to modify your router settings according to your needs.
However, if you try all of these combinations you can either try to contact your ISP for these details or as a last solution, reset your router to factory settings. This can be done easily with a pin or toothpick and keeping the reset button pressed for about 10-30 seconds until the router reboots. Once the router boots up properly you can try the default combination again.
Official Login Usernames and Passwords
As we have previously mentioned router brands like Huawei, Ambit, Ubee, and others use this IP.
Default IP is:
Ambit router login
Router username: user Router password: user
Netgear Cable Modem CM500 login
Router username: admin Router password: password
GPON Huawei HG8245 login
Router username: root Router password: admin
Hitron CDA-RES login
Router username: cusadmin Router password: password
Huawei HG8245T login
Router username: telecomadmin Router password: admintelecom
Router username: admin Router password: 1234
Note: Although these are the default usernames and passwords set by the manufacturer, you can expect that your service provider has changed the default login details for security reasons. If this is the case, you should contact your ISP support to help you.
Possible router login problems
When you try to login to your router, things might not work as planned.
We have already mentioned that in order to access your router settings the computer you are trying to do this from MUST BE connected to the home network. This can be done either via a wired connection using an Ethernet cable or via a wireless connection.
However, the one thing you should remember is that when you use the wireless connection to modify the router settings you will most likely be logged off when you save the new settings, especially if you have changed the default router IP 192.168.100.1 or password.
Here is a short list of the things you should check if you can’t login to your router
- In case you are using an Ethernet cable manually check the connection between the router and the PC.
- Make sure 192.168.100.1 is the default router IP and that you are typing it correctly. In most cases, the problem occurs when you type 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.100.l or 192.168.l00.1. Note that the small letter L is typed instead of the number 1.
- Check the default username and password either in this article, the User’s manual or on the label which can be found under most routers. Don’t forget that the username and password are case sensitive so Caps Lock should be turned off.
- Disable your antivirus or firewall software and try again.