Last Updated on
Last Updated on
Another private, Class C IP address worth mentioning is 192.168.10.1. Just like other IP addresses in the Private IP range it is not accessible from outside the network.
There are many routers that use this IP as a default one, for example, D-Link, Trendnet, Zyxel. Thanks to this IP you can easily change your router settings in case you want to secure your network, port forward and so on.
- 1 192.168.10.1 Login step-by-step
- 2 Default Router Usernames and Passwords
- 3 What to do if you forget the router username and password
- 4 192.168.10.1 IP Login Problems
- 5 Final Words
192.168.10.1 Login step-by-step
In order to login to your router using the IP 192.168.10.1 follow these steps.
- The first thing to do is to connect your device to the network either wirelessly or using a network cable. We highly recommend using the wired way, but you can do this wirelessly. If you choose to use the second way you might get logged off when you save the settings.
- Launch your browser (any browser will do the job) and type 192.168.10.1 in the address bar.
- If the IP is correct you will be asked to enter the default username and password. If you haven’t changed the login details before you will find them in the user’s manual.
- After you enter the right username and password you will be granted access to the router admin page. Here you can change your network name, protect your wireless network with a password and so on.
Default Router Usernames and Passwords
Some of the default usernames and passwords for routers that use 192.168.10.1 as a default IP are:
- Some D-LINK models which use this IP use “admin” as username and password.
- Some Trendnet models which use this IP use “admin” as username and “password” as password.
- Some ZyXEL models which use this IP use “admin” as username and “1234”as password.
*Don’t type the quotes
What to do if you forget the router username and password
It is normal to forget your username and password, and although it may seem like the end of the world, you have nothing to worry about.
It is quite simple to use the default login details again. But first things first.
Before you try anything, it is recommended to try with the default logins first. You can either use the ones given above, or check the user manual or take a look whether there is a sticker with these details under the router.
If you can’t login, try searching for some usernames and passwords online. Who knows, you might get lucky.
The very last solution – Reset your router
Resetting the router to factory settings is certainly the last solution because it will erase all previous changes. This also means that the router username and password will be reset to defaults.
In case you need to reset your router follow this guide.
After you login to your router you will have to setup your router from scratch, which means at least:
- Setting up a new wireless password
- Changing the network name
- Changing the router username and password
Additionally, all the wireless passwords will have to be updated on all previously connected devices.
192.168.10.1 IP Login Problems
There are some specific problems which may occur during the login process. Below are some of the most common ones, as well as their fixes.
IP Address Typing Error
Typing the wrong IP is one of the most common mistakes which will cause login problems. So, make sure to type 192.168.10.1 instead of 192.168.10, 192.168.1o.1, 192.168.l0.1, 192.168.l0.l etc.
“Incorrect IP Address” Error
In case you get this error it is recommended to check your router IP and confirm that you are using the correct one, i.e. 192.168.10.1.
To check the router default IP, launch the Command prompt and type “ipconfig” without quotes. The router IP is listed as Default gateway.
If the computer is not connected to the router you won’t be able to login. So, first check whether the device you are trying to connect to the router is connected to the network either over the wireless connection, or via the network cable.
In some cases, although everything works fine, the device and the router are connected; you are using the right IP, you still won’t be able to login. This can happen in case the router is malfunctioning, so it would be best to contact your router’s service center.
Here we have presented all the steps required to login to your 192.168.10.1 router, together with the possible login problems and their fixes. If there is something else you would like to know about this IP address, feel free to leave a comment.