Last Updated on
The IP address 10.1.1.1 belongs to the Class A private IP address range (10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255). It can’t communicate with devices which are not part of the network, but with devices which are part of the network like printers, tablets, smartphones and similar, it works perfectly fine.
At the same time, there are specific modems and routers which use this IP as their default IP for example:
…and some others
Table of Contents
What is the use of 10.1.1.1?
This IP address, as well as other more popular default IP addresses, is something we have to know if we want to login to the router or modem to make some changes to its configuration.
This IP is quite memorable, so if your router uses 192.168.0.1 or any other private IP address, you may easily change it to 10.1.1.1 and vice versa. If you want to do that and much more, you will need to login to your router and here is how to do it.
How to access your router settings?
To access the router settings page, launch your browser and in the URL bar, enter:
Alternatively, you can try entering:
If this is your router’s default IP you will be asked to enter the default username and password.
- You are not connecting to a webpage so you don’t need an active internet connection.
- The default router password is not the Wi-Fi password.
List of usernames and passwords
Default IP is 10.1.1.1
If your Belkin outer uses 10.1.1.1, you will be asked to enter only a password. Just type “admin” in the password field and click LOGIN.
Most DSL-series devices use the 10.1.1.1 IP address as a default IP. The username is “admin”, and the password is “admin”
For the following iiNet devices use the following:
- TG-1 Broadband Gateway – use “admin” as default password.
- TG-789s Broadband Gateway – check the bar-code sticker to find the password.
- iiNet Group NetComm NB16WV-02 – use “admin” as both default username and password.
- Budii or Budii Lite – use “admin” as default password.
- BoB2, BoB Lite or BoB – use “admin” as default password.
ORCON GENIUS BLACK MODEM
Use “admin” as default password.
NETGEAR Modem/Router supplied by Optus (10.1.1.1)
The username is “admin”, and the password is “password”
- In case you have changed the default username and password, make sure to use the new login details.
- If you can’t remember the new/custom username and password you will have to reset the modem or router to factory default settings. To do this you will have to press the reset button for about 10 seconds. Before you do this, make sure to have the Internet account details form your ISP because you will have to reconfigure the router.
As we have already written in some of our previous articles about default IP addresses, there are some specific situations where the 10.1.1.1 won’t function as expected. So, we’ll just list a few of them and provide a quick fix solutions.
In case you are certain that it is your default router IP and the login window doesn’t show up, check the following:
– Did you type the IP in the URL bar or the search bar?
Most often typing the IP in the search bar will give you Google or Bing search results for that phrase.
– Did you type it correctly?
There are cases where the user types 10.1.1.1.1 or the small letter L instead of the number 1.
– Is the device you are trying to connect to the router from already connected to the network?
In order to connect to the router’s admin page, your PC, tablet, or smart phone has to be part of that network i.e. it has to be connected either via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable to the router.
– Is any other device using this exact IP address?
There mustn’t be two devices in the same home network using the same IP address, in this case 10.1.1.1. In case this happens, a so called IP conflict will occur which may result in an unstable network connection or complete network failure. So if your router already uses this IP, make sure you don’t assign it as a static IP for another device like your printer or something else.
If you have logged in successfully now it’s time to make some tweaks to your router configuration settings.
Now, if you want to change the default username and password, or change the SSID and network password, set up parental controls you are at the right place. However, make sure to note down all the changes you make just in case.